Monday 2 November 2015

Gimmie a Break... Maybe?

Adventures in meta-world continue.  With physical disabilities and three young kids, it makes life interesting.  I'm lucky that my husband is on paternity leave and that he helps with everything at home.  I do still have one issue that he can't help me with: the anxiety before chemo.

Tomorrow will be #6 of this bout of chemotherapy.  That means I might get a break for a couple months if the scans are good.  I still have to go through with it, though.  I need to deal with the feeling that it will make me live with 24/7 for the first couple of weeks.  Ugh, I wish I could make those days just fast-forward.  Instead, my husband will let me cope by taking over then entire household and letting me sleep day and night in our bed.  I'm toxic, anyways, for the first two days so I tend to avoid the kids and people in general.

I am a bit nervous this time because of two reasons: I had a headcold early last week and I attended Hal-Con this past weekend so there's a chance that someone went while sick.  The latter would mean I could be the host of a cold not quite full-blown, yet.  If I get sick while battling the chemotherapy running through my veins I could be hospitalized, or worse, die.  It's not something people like to talk about.  Chemotherapy might be stopping the spread of my tumours but if something else attacks my system, I could not survive.  It's one reason why people should get flu shots and stay home if they are sick.  It has nothing to do with themselves but with how they could infect those with immune deficiencies.  But, that's another rant.

I hope that there's still some readers out there.  I haven't been faithful to writing blogs in years, even my October attempt at posting on my Facebook page a fact-a-day about metastatic breast cancer and breast cancer in general was not-so-daily by mid October.  If not, it is therapeutic to type all this out, anywho.

No comments:

Post a Comment