Friday 13 July 2012

YACC Survivor Conference 2012 - let the fun begin!

YACC is having their Survivor Conference in Toronto this year and I have been accepted to attend!  I just need to raise the money for my travel expenses, YACC covers everything else.  This is an event where young adults from across the country get to meet and share experiences, have some fun, and fight the feeling of isolation that many of us battle.  I started an event on Facebook, a bottle drive, to go from now till late October to help me raise funds.  There may be a Climb fundraiser again, I'll keep everyone posted!  I appreciate all the support and help everyone sends my way.  I never would have been able to attend any of the events if it wasn't for the generosity of those that donated what they could afford.

For more info on YACC and the conference please click the above links.  If you'd like to help with the bottle drive and are in the HRM please CLICK HERE to join the Facebook event.

No comments:

Post a Comment