Thursday 23 February 2012

Getting more breasty

I had my reconstruction surgery last Tuesday.  I opted for having another mastectomy and two expanders put in place.  This means that over time the doctor will put saline solution in my expanders (that are placed in my chest under the skin and muscle) and slowly stretch the area until it can hold the preferred size of implants that will be my new breasts.  Down side - because I did have 25 rounds of radiation on my right chest there is a chance that I will not be able to stretch that side due to the skin being damaged during the treatment.  There is still a chance I can do this procedure and not have any excessive complications.  And to add help with the healing, Tarol and Danielle from Goblins Comic (an awesome read, if you're not reading it, start now!) sent me Big Ears, a paladin from the comic.  He is by my side to help me on my journey. :)

Here's a pic of me with Ears close to an hour after the surgery
I may look drugged because I most definitely was!  And yes, that is the blanket of adorable evil from Looking for Group ;)

1 comment:

  1. Squee! I am so very happy that you are finally finally able to get stared on this leg of your journey. And YAY for Ears to protect you!

    ReplyDelete