Monday 31 October 2011

Mixed Feelings

I'll be leaving Wednesday to head to YACC's Survivor Conference in Ottawa.  I can't wait to see some of the people I connected with last spring, meet some that I only know online, and make new friends.  But at the same time, I haven't had a lot of time with my husband and son lately, and saying being away will tug at the heart strings is putting it beyond lightly.  I try to think of this as an experience that will help with the tremendous feeling of being singled out here at home.  I hope to meet someone that has gone through breast cancer close to my age, perhaps even had close to the same type/experience.

I'll leave my comfort zone, I'll not have any of my family with me, and I'll try to not let me missing them interfere with the fun that will be offered at Conference.

I thank those that have helped me with trying to not have to pay the full costs of traveling to this event.  I only wish my goal for The Climb had been met.  There's still time if you can find that extra $10, $25, $50 to donate to help me get to it.  All donations over $10 get a tax receipt!  Help me and get a break come tax-time!!

I'll be posting about the Conference afterwards.  Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment