Wednesday 11 May 2011

Fire in My Heart and Soul

If you're coming in because of my facebook status, here's the scoop:

I am tired of so much indifference and ignorance in people.  So know what - I'm gonna change it!!  Impossible?  Ms Hepburn tell em how it is: "Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!"

Fact of the matter is there's so much that needs to be done and we're all capable of helping out.  Monetary donations are great, yes, but not all of us are wandering around with and overflow of cash.  There's other things that are able to be done.  (And never think a small donation won't help.  If 100 people give $10 that's $1000!). 

SO what is the fire lit in my soul?  Simply put, there's so much out there that needs to be brought to the light.  Everyone's been touched by illnesses.  Cancer, heart attacks, diseases, the list goes on.   So what, there's lots of organizations out there, right?  Only 5% right.  Yeah I plucked that number from the sky but honestly, there is foundations for patients but how many have you heard of getting help from them?  I know I haven't had any cheques come in from any breast cancer foundations.

Get to the point, Julie, I'm getting bored...

Yeahyeahyeah, I want to get a few things going in Halifax, Nova Scotia, and Canada in general.  1: I want to get a YACC (youngadultcancer.ca) office in Halifax, NS.  If you know anyone that has gone through cancer as a young adult, you know it's different than someone who is a young child or older adult.  We have different needs and wants, and frankly barely any doctor recognizes that!  We need that support and not just sometime, we need it NOW!  2: We need to know when great things, like Wrong Way to Hope (wrongwaytohope.com), are coming to the province, and get funding to help them afford coming out to one of Canada's forgotten provinces.  (Yes we're a forgotten province, tell someone you're from NS and see how many people say Ah! Nova Scotia.  I've met people that thought Halifax was "on the coast, right next to Toronto").  3: Capital Health is cutting back on some volunteering aspects because of funding issues.  Don't know the proper figures but looks like they may need upwards of 25k to keep things going, I'll post the proper numbers when I have them.

That's all and good, Julie but what the hell is going on?

I have the know-how, the savvy, and some of the connections to get this started but I've got some complications.  I'm still injured, I'm poor (no secret), and I just plain cannot do this on my own.  I need some help.  I'm not too proud to say it now, but I NEED YOUR HELP.  I need people that have connections to radio stations, musical artists (local and international), businesses that want to look good to the world, and to people that can donate things ranging from funds to services.  I'm going to be filtering this stuff through my mind and others that I can talk to about this but we need to get this going, people.  I don't care what it takes, lets actually start seeing progress on assistance and less back tracking.

Can you help?  Can you donate: some time, some services, some money, some advice, some contacts?  If you say yes to any of those, you can help me.  But more importantly: Will you help?

1 comment:

  1. Julie thank you so much for your passion and commitment. I will be happy to help out. I posted the FB Screening page on my page. I can also help out with some financial donation. And I will think about my business contacts and see what support I can find there as well.
    Keep up the wonderful work...you people keep making me cry!!! Smarten up! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete